Important! Fraudulent email alert
Contact us at email@example.com if you have received any suspicious emails
that appear to be from Codec.
At Codec we understand how important the security and confidentiality of your information is to you.
What should you do if you receive a bogus email
Phishing is a technique used to gain personal information for the purpose of identity theft, using fraudulent e-mail messages that appear to come from legitimate businesses. Codec is currently being targeted by such an attack.
These emails generally take the following format(s):
(1) Requests for information
(2) Attempt to install software on your computer
A request for you to confirm/register your details and to later send bank details.
In some cases, clicking on the link within the bogus email can lead to software being installed on your P.C. without your knowledge, which can contain viruses or have key logging capabilities. This information can be easily retrieved by the fraudster and the risk is higher when using a shared or public computer e.g. Internet Cafes.
The Fraudsters want you to send them:
The Fraudsters want to:
- Your Bank Account or Credit Card details
- Your Personal Details, date of birth, address, telephone numbers etc.
- Take control of your pc
- Record and Transmit your Personal and Financial details
Do not reply to these emails.
Do not select any links contained in these mails - Protect the integrity of your personal information.
- Ensure that your pc's anti-virus software and firewall is kept up to date.
- Do not open or select any links on mails requesting personal or financial information.
- Do not forward your personal or financial details on foot of receiving an email purporting to be from Codec.
If you receive an email that appears to be from Codec, which you believe to be bogus, please notify us, attaching the email, at firstname.lastname@example.org
In no event will Codec Limited be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with internet fraud.