In this product tour we will take a look at how CSP helps organisations with their Capex planning process. The purpose of the Capex planning process is to ensure that the organisations limited capital, is spent on those projects that maximise strategic goals. To do this effectively requires:
- Collecting information relating to potential projects in a common format to ensure they align with company strategy and that data is complete and consistent for analysis.
- An approval process that ensures projects are vetted by the right people, that tracks how those projects evolve over time and, when selected, can only be changed via strict levels of authority.
- A way of combining various projects to evaluate their cost and impact on strategic goals. Analysis should support the impact of delaying or bringing forward projects as well as extending and contracting them, if that flexing makes sense.
- Once a particular scenario is agreed, then the selected projects will need to be ‘locked’ against further change and any financial impact data used to update the associated budget and reporting systems.
- Finally, the planning process should track actual and forecast results so that the impact of missing or beating goals on the selected Capex projects can be forecast and any proposed remedial plans assessed.
Codec Scenario Planner provides all of these capabilities either on a stand-alone basis or in conjunction with an organisation’s existing planning systems. These will now be looked at in detail.
Back to Product Tour